Monday, May 16, 2011

Count your blessings..

                I have not updated my blog for awhile.  We have had a lot happen in the last month.  Jake and I had found a house we wanted to buy in Springville, we felt really good about it so we decided to put in an offer and just see what happened.  We had set up a meeting with the realtor for Tuesday morning to work on an offer.   When we met with him he informed us that someone had put in an offer the night before.  We were still able to put in our offer however the other offer would be taken before ours.  Well they went under contract so we thought that was it we had no chance to get that house.  About a week later we found out the other couple had backed out so the house was back on the marked and we would be able to place another offer.   We placed our offer on the low end the bank came back and counter offered our offer, theirs was on the high end.  So we decided to go ahead and counter offer again we only offered $1,000 more than our first offer.  When we told the realtor what we wanted to counter offer we told us he did not think the bank would accept it and because we were going to counter offer it would open the doors to any other offers on the table.  Well Jake and I talked about it and we decided if someone came in and offered more than it was not meant to be.  So after a few days of waiting we received a call and they told us the bank had accepted our offer!  We were so excited we were getting the house we had fallen in love with and better yet for the price we had wanted!  So we put down our earnest money and then two days later Jake was laid off from his job.  This was so hard for us.  We could have still gone through with everything but we decided we did not want to get in over our heads. I have to admit I was so heartbroken, to this day I still get a little choked up when I drive by the house and see the for sell sign . 
                Jake is now working for my dad.  We are so blessed he is busy!  This has been a blessing not only to us but to my dad as well.  My dad’s full time employee left for his mission a few weeks ago so Jake is able to work as many hours as he could ever want to. My dad is so good about working around Jakes school schedule.  I have always said everything happens for a reason.  After Jake lost his job it defiantly tested our faith.  I am still not sure why all of this happened however all I do know is we are so blessed to have work and a job that we can rely on.    Jake and I started school again last night.  I had not taken classed about a year however Jake only had two weeks off before he had to start back up.  We are taking the same classes which is fun because we get to spend more time together. 
                Addalynn had her first surgery on her six month birthday.  She had to get tubes in her ears.  We were actually looking forward to this day.  She had two ear infections before she had her surgery.  She did so good and we are so happy she is no longer in pain! On a much happier note (well somewhat) Addalynn turned six months old on the 5th! I have so many mixed emotions about this, I hate to see my little baby girl grow up but on the other hand she is so fun! She is now rolling over, talking, she is trying so hard to crawl but just cannot figure it out so she scoots… backwards! You can just see the frustration in her face when she is trying to go forward but only goes in the wrong direction.  She is growing up so fast and we are so excited to watch her grow up. 
                We are so excited for summer and what else we have to come.  We have a lot planned and could not be more excited!!



No comments:

Post a Comment