Friday, April 8, 2011

My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person… he believed in me.

Yesterday April 7th 2011 was Scott’s birthday (Jake’s dad).  This was really the first year we had to chance to do something for his birthday.  I didn’t know what was the best way to handle this special day.  Part of me just did not want to mention it because I know it is really hard on Jake.  After thinking for a while I decided this is a special day and just because he is not here with us does not mean we should not celebrate it and keep his sprit in our lives.  So I made him some cupcakes and a card.  I went to the store and bought a few of his favorite items.  I also picked up a pizza and movie to watch.  Every year on his birthday him and Jake would order pizza and just watch movies that night, so I decided we would keep this tradition going.  I had my mom watch Addalynn for a little while and I took him over to the cemetery and left a cupcake and the card we made.
          Unfortunately I never had the chance to meet Scott.  Jake has told me so many wonderful stories about him.  I wish I would have been able to meet him.  But I would just like to thank him for making Jake the man he is today.  Jake was able to learn so much from him in such a short amount of time.  Jake lost his dad at the age of 16.  It is horrible to have to say goodbye to your dad at such a young age.  However I have never met someone so strong.  I don’t think he would be so strong or where he is today if he wouldn’t have gone through all the trials in his life!
Here are a few pictures from the cemetery. 



A Christmas present I gave Jake a few years ago.   
 
This was taken right after his dad passed away. 

“No Regrets”

No comments:

Post a Comment